Grant Funding open until Feb 28, 2020
Sustainable South Jersey is excited to announce our new mini-grant program, created to help support exciting environmental initiatives in the South Jersey region! Read all about our funding priorities, eligibility criteria, and grant application process below.
Grants can be for up to $5,000. Projects must be implemented within 12 months. If your project will take longer, please break it into phases and tell us what you will accomplish in 12 months. Please note that applying for a mini-grant does not guarantee you will receive funding. Those who are awarded mini-grants will be required to submit periodic grant reports. Grant winners or their representative(s) are expected to attend Sustainable South Jersey Earth Festival on Sat May 2nd in Cherry Hill for a brief award presentation.
Note: People/Organizations that received funding in 2019 are NOT eligible for 2020.
Click these links for more info:
Sustainable South Jersey invites the community to submit mini-grant applications for projects, ideas, and/or initiatives that:
● Protect or enhance our environment’s land, air, or water
● Create cleaner, greener, and healthier communities
● Address environmental and social injustices
● Grow food locally, decrease hunger, and/or increase healthy lifestyles
● Implement community education/awareness campaigns that address environmental needs like recycling, water equity, green energy, etc.
● Focus on planning, researching, or implementing for climate resiliency
● Integrate diversity and inclusion into sustainability
● Explore an innovative sustainability idea
● Engage new audiences in sustainability activities
Activities can be connected to the Sustainable Jersey program but do not have to be.
Individuals and/or organizations that fall into these categories can apply:
● An IRS recognized 501(c)3 non-profit organization
● A government entity or its green team
● A K-12 public, private, or charter school, community college, or university
● A faith-based organization requesting funds for the community at-large
● A volunteer group, individual, or community organization/collaborative
Sustainable South Jersey will review mini-grants and notify grantees funding decisions will be made by our board, and notifications will be delivered by email or phone. The number of mini-grants funded is dependent on our annual budget and may vary year-to-year.
Applying for a grant does not guarantee funding. Sustainable South Jersey reserves the right to decline funding to any organization at any time.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Questions about the mini-grant program should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Sustainable South Jersey is a volunteer-based organization. We will do our best to answer questions promptly, but please plan ahead by reaching out in advance of the deadline to ask questions. As volunteers, we do not have regular business hours.